Let's Thrive TogetherNevada County's Fifth District Supervisor, Hardy Bullock, is a lifelong local resident, a Nevada Union High School, and University of Nevada Reno alumnus. He’s an accredited member of the American Association of Airport Executives, a pilot, aeronautical consultant, and community builder.
Formerly, Hardy worked as the Director of Aviation and Community Services for the Truckee Tahoe Airport District, focusing on its safety, security, efficiency, and community benefits. With 20 years of experience and nearly 2,000 hours of flight time in single/ multi-engine aircraft, gliders and jets, Hardy knows about discipline, commitment, and hard work.
Additionally, Hardy has made significant contributions to the community. He developed a non-profit warehouse providing family services and organic food options in Truckee/North Tahoe. He was an instrumental figure in several local organizations, including the Truckee Trails Foundation and the Nevada County Relief Fund. Hardy was also an appointed Planning Commissioner for Nevada County and the Town of Truckee and served as an Airport Community Advisory Team member. His civic engagement includes the Rotary Club of Truckee and voluntary positions as Boy Scouts leader, Big Brothers Big Sisters board member, and community advocate.
Away from work, Hardy enjoys the outdoors, exploring new terrains, and organizing events like The Heart of Gold Gravel bike race, a regional initiative promoting teen mental wellness and free teen therapy. Family is essential to him; he cherishes time with his wife and two college-aged children.
- Justice Equity Diversity Inclusion Sub Committee
- Recreation and Land Sub Committee
- Resilience and Sustainability Subcommittee
- Nevada County Board of Supervisors Vice-Chair
- Nevada County Budget Sub-Committee
- Nevada County Audit Review Committee
- Nevada County Capital Facilities Subcommittee
- Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCo)
- Nevada County Sanitation District #1 Board of Directors
- Chairman Northern Sierra Air
- Quality Management District Board (NSAQMDB)
- Chairman Truckee River Basin Water Group
- Truckee River Watershed Council
- National Association of Counties
- California State Association of Counties Institute for Excellence in County Government Certification
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Truckee Airport
- Town of Truckee Planning Commission
- Nevada County Planning Commission
- Truckee Trails Foundation
- American Association of Airport Executives
- Kid Zone
- Wild Cherries Triathlon
- Boy Scouts
- Alternate Member Sierra Nevada Conservancy